Dr. Eric Boelhouwer is a human factors specialist.
He draws upon professional experience in product safety and the evaluation of instructions, warnings and other safety communications. Dr. Boelhouwer’s primary responsibilities at DAI include the design and implementation of product safety research, including evaluations of human-machine interfaces as well as the usability and effectiveness of precautionary information.
Before joining DAI, Dr. Boelhouwer has over 8 years of experience in industrial operations and safety with BASF Corporation.
- PhD, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Auburn University; Auburn, AL (2010)
- MISE, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Auburn University; Auburn, AL (2008)
- MBA, Business Administration, Tulane University; New Orleans, LA (2004)
- BChE, Chemical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology; Atlanta, GA (1998)
Professional Affiliations & Service
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Senior Member
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), Professional Member
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- Society for Chemical Hazard Communication (SCHC), Board of Directors, 2013-Present
- The Institute of Industrial Engineers (lIE)
Honors & Awards
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Graduate Fellowship
- Boelhouwer, E.J. and Davis, G.A. (2009). Improving Comprehension of GHS Safety Data Sheets. Submitted to NIOSH, DSCOHS, Pilot Project Research Training Program. Funded for $12,000
- Alpha Pi Mu Industrial Engineering Honor Society
- 2009 INFORMS Doctoral Colloquium Participant